VAASTU FOR HOME
The term Vastu, meaning a dwelling place, was initially used to refer to the homes of gods and human beings. But now the scope of this study has expanded to the extent of including almost all types of constructions, then be it a plot, commercial complex, industry, shop/showroom or spiritual place like temple. These days, it has become a trend of consulting a Vastu expert for residential Vaasthu. Read further to know about Vastu for home…
* A ‘square’ shaped piece of land or house is most beneficial. House must face the East or North direction.
* Maximum ‘wood’ should be used as building material.
* An old or damaged entrance door will bring disrespect to the owner.
* Disturbing art pieces or war / torture paintings in a house will naturally result in pain & anxiety.
* The doors and windows should not be squeaky and rusted.
* Master bedroom to be in the South west corner, children’s room to be in the North West or west side. Study room to be separate. Kitchen to be in the South East location of the house. Kitchen located in the North or the East does tend to cause financial troubles.
* Cooking while facing the East brings good health.
* Wall Clocks should not be placed on the South and Southwest walls.
* Leaking taps will drain out money.
* The placement of mirror in the bedroom should be such that no part of the body is directly reflected in it while sleeping.
* The feet should be away from the main door, while sleeping. They should not face the main door.
* Head towards the north is not good when sleeping.
* Beds should never touch the walls of any room.
* The prayer room in the northeast corner of the building is good.
The significance of ‘directions’ in Vaastu Shastra:
· East (Purab) (Manes): It should not be blocked, since it is the source of male issues. Controlled by Sun.
· South-East (Fire) source of health, place of fire, cooking and food. Controlled by Venus.
· South- Source of wealth, crops and happiness. Denoted by Mars
· South-West -(Earth) source of character, behaviour, cause of longevity and death. Signifies ‘Rahu’
(node of moon).
· West-Source of name, fame and prosperity. Direction of the great ‘Saturn’.
· North-West – (Air)Source of change, income from business, enmity and friendship. Signifies ‘Moon’.
· North-This should not be blocked as it is the source of female issues. The direction of Mercury.
· North-East -(Water) Source of health, wealth, prosperity and of male issues. Denotes the divine ‘Jupiter’.
“GET IN SYNC WITH ‘NATURE’ TO EFFORTLESSLY RIDE THE WHEEL OF TIME”